Teesmouth Bird Club: Five-Year Plan 2015-2019
( ) = Committee with Lead Role for Target*
Establish Members’ Views on Future Activities (M&MC)
- Generate Questionnaire for
- Allow each Committee to propose
topics for inclusion.
Maintain or Increase Club Membership (M&MC)
- Continue with local publicity.
- Review current offerings
(meetings, outings, Bird Report, newsletters, website) in light of member
- Review and Update the TBC ‘Site
Guides’ for members.
Encourage More Junior Members (M&MC)
- Approach schools/ youth groups re
interest in ‘taster sessions’.
- Encourage member volunteers as
Computerisation and Secure Storage of Bird Records (CC/RC)
- Agree commercial/ confidentiality
aspects with ERIC NE.
- Arrange electronic transfer of
- Maintain record of locations of
and means of access to all Club data.
- Continue to improve the Cleveland
Proactive Involvement in Conservation Matters (CC)
- Act jointly with local established
- Utilise existing partnership
- Seek to influence Planning Consent
conditions eg incorporation of swift nest holes in new builds.
Increase Member Participation in Local Survey Work (RC/CC)
- Offer ‘shadowing’ of members on
existing surveys eg WeBS, BTO.
- Generate TBC projects to provide
useful monitoring data eg by revisiting selected Breeding Birds of Cleveland
- Progress planning and construction
of elevated hide at Dorman’s Pool.
- Actively seek appropriate and
Regular Review of Progress Towards Targets (Tr/CC/M&MC/RC)
- Each Committee to Agenda a review
at least annually.
* CC = Conservation Committee, M&MC
= Marketing & Membership Committee,
RC = Records Committee, Tr =
Board of Trustees.